Note: Our website will be changing on 30 January 2017. Check back for regular updates.
This is a full list of all publications, tools, guidelines, forms, and templates that support good recordkeeping in Queensland government agencies.
We are currently updating our recordkeeping advice. Some publications may have been removed, replaced by advice elsewhere on the Recordkeeping SPOT or are in the process of being updated.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact the Government Recordkeeping team on 07 3037 6630 or email us at email@example.com
Legislation and standards
Legislation and information standards relevant to managing Queensland public records.
Resources to support and improve recordkeeping governance, systems, policies, and procedures in Queensland public authorities.
Create and capture
Guidelines and strategies for capturing different types of records.
Resources for accessing records.
Guidelines and resources for managing, preserving, storing and keeping records.
- Appraisal request for pre-1950 records (DOC, 312KB)
- Capturing and managing surveillance and monitoring records (PDF, 292KB)
- Characteristics and risks of open, open proprietary and closed proprietary formats (PDF, 197KB)
- Commissions of inquiry and the management of public records (PDF, 56KB)
- Examples of file formats (PDF, 275KB)
- Grants - what are the recordkeeping requirements? (PDF, 70KB)
- Guideline for managing digital photographic images (PDF, 374KB)
- Managing digital source records when migrating systems (PDF, 54KB)
- Managing the recordkeeping risks associated with cloud computing (PDF, 72KB)
- Mythbusters #1: retention and disposal (PDF, 198KB)
- Overview of keeping and disposing of public records (PDF, 312KB)
- Recordkeeping for mobile and smart devices guideline (PDF, 292KB)
- What records do I need to keep? (PDF, 555KB)
Retention and disposal schedules
Resources to assist the development and implementation of retention and disposal schedules.
Current retention and disposal schedules
A list of and links to current approved retention and disposal schedules can be found here.
Note: Not all current retention and disposal schedules are available on the website. Please contact the Government Recordkeeping Team on (07) 3037 6630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Implementing a retention and disposal schedule
Developing a retention and disposal schedule
Guidelines, forms and templates for the authorised destruction of Queensland public records.
Forms to request approval to dispose of public records
Transfer to QSA
Forms and resources for transferring permanent and significant Queensland public records to Queensland State Archives.
Resources for authorising and restricting public access to records held at QSA.
Resources for file issue requests.
Machinery of government changes
Resources to assist, plan and implement the transfer of custody and/or ownership of Queensland public records following machinery-of-government changes.
Disaster planning and recovery
Resources and guidelines to assist in planning for, responding to and recovering from a disaster.
Resources to ensure the ongoing readability and accessibility of digital records.
Decommissioning business systems
Resources and guidelines to assist in managing recordkeeping obligations associated with the decommissioning of business systems.
Resources to assist, plan and implement appropriate disposal of physical records that have been digitised to approved standards.
Note: These documents are currently under review.