This index was complied from Series ID 13273, Personnel Details of Officers of the Public Service, 1866-1867.
With separation in 1859, Queensland appointed its own government officials, the Registrar General being one of the first appointed. In addition to the registration of births, deaths and marriages throughout the new colony, the Registrar was responsible for the statistics of the colony which were produced each year. This is an index to returns from individual officers which were used in the compilation of the Blue Books 1866-1867. The returns included:
- positions held
- date of birth
- dates of appointment, and
- remuneration received by officers of the public service
The form was signed by the officer.
- ? indicates there is doubt about the entry due to difficulty in interpreting handwriting
- more than one entry may be found for a person
- check all possible spelling variants
- some given names are abbreviated as they appear in the original record
- Mc and Mac names are interfiled
- - or a blank cell indicates that there is no information in the original
Search the index
Please note, Adobe Reader is required to open and print these Portable Document Format (PDF) index files and is free to download from the Adobe website.
If you have difficulty accessing PDF files from this website please contact us.
Open Data index
If you have difficulty accessing this file from the website please contact us.
Costs and ordering
The cost for each item requested is A$6.40. For the fee, you will receive a complete copy of the Civil Servant's record.
To order copies of an item, please complete an index order form (PDF, 36KB). When completing the form, quote the name of the person, date of birth or number (as in file number) QSA Item ID, and microfilm number.