Queensland State Archives is located at:
435 Compton Road, Runcorn
Brisbane, Queensland 4113
How to get here
Free, undercover, off-street parking and many other facilities are available for Queensland State Archives patrons.
If planning to travel to Queensland State Archives by public transport it is important to plan ahead and check the latest timetables in advance.
TransLink (phone 13 12 30) will provide public transport advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
Bus and train timetables, as well as an interactive journey planner, can be accessed on the TransLink website.
TransLink also has a mobile site designed for smartphones.
The nearest train station is Fruitgrove Station, on Beenleigh Road, between Nursery Road and Persse Road, Runcorn. The station car park entry is on the Nectarine Street side, near the junction of Mango and Plum Streets.
Walking directions from Fruitgrove Station
The walk from Fruitgrove Station to the State Archives building takes approximately 45 minutes (3.5 kilometres).
A free taxi service between the train station car park (off Nectarine Street) and Queensland State Archives is available on Tuesdays.
The recommended route if walking from Fruitgrove Station is:
- Turn left along Beenleigh Road from the train station and continue to the intersection of Beenleigh Road and Persse Road
- Cross Beenleigh Road at the traffic lights and continue south along Persse Road for 1 km
- Turn right into Gumtree Street and continue 800m
- At the roundabout, turn left into Kyabra Street and continue south 300m to Compton Road
- Turn left into Compton Road and continue 120m to Archives Avenue. Turn left into Archives Avenue and follow the walkway to the main entry of Queensland State Archives.
Brisbane City Council Bus route no. 150 from Queen St Bus Station stops on the corner of Gowan and Compton Roads, approximately 900 metres from Queensland State Archives (check TransLink for the current timetable).
Brisbane City Council Bus route no. 152 from Garden City stops at Eisenhower Street, directly opposite Queensland State Archives (check TransLink for the current timetable).
Free taxi service
Queensland State Archives provides a free taxi service between the Archives and Fruitgrove Railway Station, Nectarine Street, Runcorn, each Tuesday.
The taxi will be waiting for researchers until 9.00am at Fruitgrove Railway Station.
The trains you will need to catch are:
- 8.04am departure from Central to Fruitgrove arriving at 8.44am
- 8.18am departure from Beenleigh to Fruitgrove arriving at 8.44am
- 4.14pm departure from Fruitgrove to Central arriving at 4.56pm
- 4.14pm departure from Fruitgrove to Beenleigh arriving at 4.41pm
To book a seat, please telephone Queensland State Archives on the Monday before your Tuesday visit on 07 3131 7777.
The cab driver will have a list of names of persons travelling to Queensland State Archives.
Visitors are advised to check train timetables, as they are subject to change.